Friday, October 15, 2010

151010

It was only a few months ago that I thought I could never trust a person nor love a person for a very, very long time. I let one person get in the way of my happiness and my sense of reality. I was fearful of confiding in another person, because the more I let out, the more they let go. That's what I thought for a long time. Not only that, I was afraid of losing more people in my life, because when someone I love and care for leaves, they take a piece of my heart with them, leaving me with barely anything to live for. But right now, I feel like I can do absolutely anything. I feel as though, if someone threw a challenge or a threat at me, I'd be ready and prepared to face it with everything I have. I'm slowly rebuilding my stability, my confidence and my self-identity that's been hidden for too long.
My grade went to a retreat camp for three days, and the things we were faced with had everything to do with my fears. The fears that I overcame, slowly with the help of the people who have truly been there for me. The people who I've learnt to truly appreciate and thank. I've also learnt to leave all the baggage that use to pull me down, step away from the negative impacts and the regrets, mistakes and bad decisions, and just move forward. The world's inadequate, but God is always generous. I know that now, I can see it through the eyes of all those who love, care and support me.

xx Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment